Personal Data Protection Act
Types of Personal Data Collected
- The Personal Data collected about you and your family members may include:
- names, identification particulars, identity documents, contact details, date of birth, marital status, preferences, medical information, family background, educational information, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
- Information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with NY, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, SMS, fax, email, apps, internet and market research;
- Images, videos and audio recorded by our security systems while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us when you attend our premises or events hosted by us;
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications used by NY.
- Examples of times when we collect data are when you sign up with us for our services whether through our website or at any of our premises.
- If You Provide Third Party Personal Data
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information on your spouse or children), by submitting such information to us, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes and that they agree to the information being provided to us subject to this Personal Data Protection Policy.
Uses of Personal Data
- Determining or evaluating the applicability or eligibility of providing products or services to you or your child, processing applications for products or services;
- Facilitating the provisioning of products or services, including operations, administration, accounts, financial transactions, maintaining service quality and staff training;
- Managing and facilitating the business and operational processes of NY, including but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
- Attending to, processing and responding to your requests, feedback or enquiries;
- Providing customized online or other services and support, including customer alerts;
- Conducting surveys of parents and students either by NY or a third party on behalf of NY;
- Facilitating service and product development via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
- Marketing our services and products and communicating with you or your family members;
- Supplying operational, administrative, computer data storage or processing services by NY or a third party service provider either in Singapore or overseas;
- Making use of photographs, videos or sound recordings of students in NY publications, website or other external media;
- Performing NY management, operating management information systems, performing data and statistical analysis, carrying out and enable internal and external audits;
- Monitoring and recording calls and other communications for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
- Enforcing or defending the rights of NY;
- Complying with safety, legal and regulatory requirements;
- All other matters relating to the products or services offered by NY, business of NY or operations of NY that NY deems necessary or reasonable.
Retention of Information
For any enquiries, please contact us at:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Nanyang Educational Consultancy Pte Ltd